Covid-19 Corporate Update
The Coronavirus COVID-19 situation is rapidly evolving, and we continue to closely monitor the situation. Beyond public health considerations, we are concerned about the well being of our employees, our customers, our business partners, and our communities.
As such, M.L Gatewood is taking all steps necessary to protect the health and safety our staff, customers, suppliers and partners. We have put into action our contingency plan to ensure the continuity of service to our customers. To support the efforts to minimize social contact and the spread of the virus we are:
- Modifying our processes and asking all staff to follow Public Health guidelines with respect to hygiene, travel and social interactions All departments within our company, including our switchboard, customer service, warehouses, repair center and production & assembly facility will remain open during regular business hours.
- Implementing social distancing for those employees working at our facilities. Those employees will be asked to spread-out and keep a 6 feet distance from each other within our offices.
- Increasing the frequency and extent of our facility cleaning regiment and ensuring that the cleaning follows appropriate disinfection recommendations for COVID-19
- Asking any employee who feels ill or exhibits any symptoms, to follow Public Health recommendations in terms of health care and testing and to self-quarantine for a minimum of 14 days.
- Limiting all domestic business related travel to essential travel only and travel in support of our customers where we are able to a) safely visit and b) visit in compliance with their COVID-19 protocols. We are suspending all international travel and requesting those employees who have returned from recent international travel to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Cancelling all non-essential meetings and encouraging customers and suppliers to meet with us online. We will set up virtual meetings as required.
- Maintaining a proactive technical sales presence with our customers through continued professional sales meetings & consultations using formats and forums that help limit and mitigate direct social contact. Our sales teams are able to meet via virtual conferencing methods or simply over the phone, to help our customers with their spray nozzle, carrier rope, pressure gauge and steam joint needs, questions and requirements.
- Providing ongoing technical and commercial support via phone and online, virtual conferencing methods.
Through all our collective efforts, we will get through this difficult time. Until then, please be assured that we remain available and that our team is here to support you throughout this challenging period.
We are closely monitoring information provided by the Oregon Public Health Division as the situation continues to evolve. We are also following guidance from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as it relates to COVID-19. For updated information on our company’s operations, please bookmark this page.